Friday, December 23, 2011

The Teddy Bear Suite


Entrance to the Teddy Bear Suite

After our Santa photos, I felt brave enough to attempt another outing with 3 kids. I've decided not to drag my husband to an event he is not likely to enjoy, so it fell to my nanny Irina to accompany me to the Teddy Bear Suite at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel. I took Gerritt & Sophia there last year & couldn't bear to miss it this Christmas season.


Mommy & Jacob


A bear hug


Jacob & the bears

It was a stressful afternoon. We got a late morning start. It took us a while to find parking (it's downtown after all). Then we had to wait in a long line to get inside the Suite. It was way past kids' nap time & they were feeling grouchy. Gerritt became a social butterfly & chatted up with an older gentleman who was also waiting in line. Sophia went into hiding behind my legs & then the stroller.


Sophia is getting tired...


...and really needs a nap here!

When it was almost our turn to go into the Suite both of the kids decided to take off their shoes so Irina & I had to put them back on & convince the kids not to take them off for the rest of the visit. Jacob got hungry & I fed him his bottle while holding him midway in the air.


The kids and I


I couldn't make the kids both smile at me, no matter now hard I tried

Somehow we managed to snap a few decent photos with Sophia & Jacob crying & Gerritt refusing to sit still. I was sure glad to have my nanny there, but even with her helping I came home exhausted. At least I look happy in the photos. I doubt I'll remember how tired I was when I review them in a few years. :-)


A few last photos before leaving...


Sophia in a slightly happier mood after receiving a candy cane

Even though it was a lot of work, my nanny & I thoroughly enjoyed visiting the Teddy Bear Suite. What a way to get into the Christmas spirit! I was pleasantly surprised to find the Suite's decor to be different from the one last year.



Sophia & her nanny Irina

Since we made it to the Suite with a newborn this year, I am pretty sure we'll be again next year. Only Jacob will be 1 year old!