Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring - a time for new beginnings



First spring flowers are blooming in our yard, & 3 major things have happened in the past couple of days:

1) My husband & I filed the I-130 form (officially called the petition for alien relative by the US Citizenship & Immigration Services) for my Mom to immigrate here permanently. I entered her in the Green Card Lottery this year, & the results will be available on May 1st. However, it's called a lottery for a reason, so we are not holding our breath. With the baby coming in November & whether my Mom wins the lottery or not, I felt like we needed to take matters into our own hands. We have a more realistic chance of getting her here by the end of November by filing the petition 1.5 months earlier than planned.

2) My term life insurance agent called & told me I got the Banner Life Insurance's best rate by being in such "excellent health." A quoted monthly rate of $27.34 for $750,000 term life insurance made me very happy. My intuition that told me the previously quoted rate of $60+/month (from a different company) was too high turned out to be correct.

3) I found my doula yesterday! Famous Patti Ramos is a birth doula, photographer & a childbirth educator. I've been reading her birth photography blog for almost a year now (thanks to DrMomma for the introduction!). I could not be more thrilled to have her assist in my homebirth! We have our first meeting in about 3 weeks & I am looking forward to meeting Patti.

No comments: