Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring organizing


The first sign of spring


Only glass & BPA-free plastic!


Goodbye stuff!

This post should have been written in February (where it belongs), but I didn't have a free evening until today. Maybe attachment parenting & cosleeping is not what it's cracked up to be? Gerritt won't go to sleep without me, so we both go to bed or we both stay up. Most of the time I choose to go to bed with Gerritt intead of keeping him up so I could blog.
It was only the end of February, but I got really excited about spring being near after seeing my daffodil flowers getting ready to bloom. I went through all of my clothes & got rid of everything I haven't worn in the past year. Goodbye size 4 & 6 Ann Taylor outfits, supershort t-shirts, shorts & miniskirts! I will probably never be size 4 again, so I didn't want to hang on to clothes that I might wear someday while it was going out of style. I also got rid of the kids' toys that were not exciting anymore & some of infant paraphernalia (everything is BPA-free nowadays). My husband could barely lift 2 large bags of clothes to take to the Goodwill.
I also went through the kitchen cabinets & got rid of all of BPA-containing plastic. I even took the time to search for BPA-free plastic water pitcher (check out the Saychelle water pitcher). We have officially become only glass & BPA-free-plastic family! Next on my list was the document file cabinet. All of the old receipts, bills & papers kept "just in case" went straight into the paper recycling container. What a relief!


It is a winter wonderland again


Snowball fight with Daddy


It turns out my spring dreaming was a bit premature, as suddenly we got 2 days of snow. On one of the snow days my clinic even opened 2 hours late, which hasn't happened in over a year. I used all available plastic buckets & paper boxes to cover up budding daffodils, hyacinths & tulips to prevent them from freezing (I worked so hard to plant them last fall). Gerritt loved the snow & took my husband & I outside late one evening in order to play snowball fights & to build a snowman. We could hardly convince him to get back inside. There is definitely some Russian blood in that boy! Perhaps a few more weeks before spring decides to stay for real?

1 comment:

ЮЛИЯ said...

Wow, you already have flowers! We are still waiting for spring to come...