Sunday, August 14, 2011

25 Weeks


25 weeks 3 days

I am now more than halfway through my pregnancy. I wish people would stop asking me if I am sure of my dates since, apparently, I look bigger than 25 weeks. Yes, I am sure & even if I am bigger, I am not concerned. The abdomen size during pregnancy has nothing to do with the size of the baby (obviously, I want it be less than 9 pounds). This is also my 3rd baby so my abdominal muscles are probably not as strong as they used to be.
I had my dental cleaning this week & my pregnancy gingivitis is back, so I will be getting cleanings every 4 instead of every 6 months again. For now it's a lot of flossing, brushing & my faithful CariFree Maintenance Rinse. Amazingly, my platelets have been normal this time around. They've stayed in 150s range (normal range is 150-400K) & even increased slightly at the last blood test. I've cut back on my work quite a bit - maybe less stress equals better platelets?


I can still give Sophia a ride on a swing...


...and my belly is never too big to snuggle!

I must have started my nesting early because ever since my 2-week vacation I've been in constant cleaning & organizing mood. It's hard to believe how much I was able to accomplish during my "staycation." I went through all of kids clothes, washed it, took the stains out & organized it by size. I took all of the clothes the kids have outgrown out of their closets & replaced it with clothes that fits. My husband & I bought a King-size bed (off Craig's list) & a new mattress for his bedroom. I will probably sleep there when the baby comes.


Kids having fun on our old mattress

I deweeded most of the garden & started to apply bark dust in places that needed it. I went through all of kids' toys & donated the ones they didn't like anymore to GoodWill. I also went through my pantry & medicine cabinet & threw away all of the expired food & medications. Our old fridge was leaking water for several months so we bought a new one. We've donated the old fridge to the Puget Sound Recycling Program, but I spent 2 days cleaning it first. Both of the dogs got grooomed & Maxie got his teeth cleaned. I ironed a huge pile of clothes that was stored in my linen closet. I am probably forgetting something, but you get the picture... It will only get harder the bigger I get, so I am trying to cross as many things off my list as possible.


Of course, I have to write an update about the kids (it's not all about this pregnancy :-)). Gerritt is officially potty-trained!!! I can't tell the exact date it happened since it was such a gradual progression over several months. He has been responsible for his own elimination for at least past 6 weeks. And I was so afraid he'd still wear diapers on his 4th birthday... He pees & poos in the regular toilet now, so no more cleaning messy potty. :-) He hasn't transitioned to his toddler bed yet, probably because I don't really care. It will probably become more of an issue when the baby comes. Gerritt still loves reading & his most recent favorite books are Fred and Ted's Road Trip by Peter Eastman, Seven Spunky Monkeys by J. F. Koller, & Wow! Said the Owl by Tim Hopgood. He is such a lovebug & tells me he loves me several times a day. Gerritt now loves TV show Blue's Clues & has to watch it every day. Also he is into anything related to Spiderman.


Sophia is upset


Sophia all grown up

Sophia is a tech wizzard. She uses the Android tablet with ease & can watch movies on Netflix, play educational games & even have stories read to her by a computer. She is not showing any interest in potty training yet, however, she tells us when she goes poo-poo in her diaper right away. Also, she can't stand the diaper wetness so she often undresses herself. She is definitely in her Mommy phase. Some days only I can dress, feed or change her diaper. Even though my husband sleeps next to her crib when she goes to sleep, Sophia often calls me until I return & give her a backrub while singing a lullaby softly. Sophia is in love with anything Dora the Explorer.


Brother-sister love

Despite of the multiple house projects I had going on, the kids & I were able to get away to the Vasa Park Resort for some water fun & to the Larson Lake Blueberry Farm for U-pick berries.


Feeding the ducks at the Vasa Park Resort


The Farm


Blueberries


Gerritt picking blueberries

I haven't written my birth plan or done any other birth preparation (e.g., hypnobirthing CDs). I am waiting for my repeat ultrasound on September 1st to know for sure whether my placenta previa has resolved. That will determine what kind of plan I can write (homebirth vs. another C-section). The only thing I did was to arrange my doula meeting in a few weeks. Of course, I won't need her if the plan is C-section, God forbid. We haven't come up with the baby's name yet; nothing sounds quite right. I am having a consultation with an OB/GYN re: risks/benefits of VBAC per my midwife preference. I've had one when pregnant with Sophia & it's just another formality. I will probably get more busy as my due date approaches. So far I am grateful for a cool summer making this pregnancy easier.

2 comments:

ЮЛИЯ said...

Lena, you look healthy and glowing!!! Don't worry about the comments. I get similar ones every pregnancy as I always start showing around 8 weeks or so, and for the next seven months I get comments that I look larger than "normal". What is "normal" anyway?

Blueberries look delicious. I wish we could pick them up too but they don't grow in Colorado, just raspberries and strawberries.

Enjoy your sleep while the baby is still inside :) You look great!

Lena H. said...

Thanks, Yulya! Yes, I am not looking forward to the constant torture of sleep deprivation.