Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Murphy's Law

Sick Sophia with her pink blanket & baby tiger

Of course, just as my Mom left for much needed vacation in Mexico, all 3 of my children got the flu. Cleaning up vomit & diarrhea, keeping everyone hydrated & pumping breast milk for Jacob for the past 2 days, I hardly had a minute to myself. Luckily the kids tolerated the flu well. Sophia who initially complained of fever & chills & spent her time by watching cartoons & snuggling on the couch with her blanket & "baby tiger," started to feel better on the 3rd day.



Gerritt & Jacob also bounced back quickly. I knew the children were on the road to recovery when they organized a group play using the Tonka truck. The truck was big enough to allow them to take turns sitting in it. Although the thought of the truck potentially flipping over with one of the kids ending up on the ground crossed my mind, I didn't stop them. I felt they could use some laughter after the last couple of miserable days.



I kept a careful watch as they pushed each other around the living room. Even Jacob surprised me with his strength by pushing Gerritt all by himself. Goodbye flu, hello happiness!



No comments: