Friday, January 6, 2012

The Gingerbread House


Gerritt hard at work

After starting the Gingerbread House making tradition last Christmas I couldn't simply walk by the Gingerbread House kit at Costco a couple of months ago. I bought the House when I was still pregnant with Jacob anticipating a fun & relaxing evening around Christmas time. Although Christmas is long gone, I haven't been able to fully relax since Jacob's birth & it's been challenging to find free time, tonight came pretty close. Thanks to my Mom's help with Jacob & after kissing Sophia & Daddy good night, Gerritt & I were able to get creative. The house turned out splendid, & even my Mom was surprised by the level of detail in our decorating efforts. Now if only we could keep Sophia from tasting the house tomorrow...

No comments: