Sunday, November 14, 2010

While you were sleeping...

Despite being 3 years old, Gerritt needs about 15 hours of sleep per day. No, I am not complaining since I would rather have a child who takes naps than the one who never needs one. Lately, he has been napping from 1 pm until 5:60-6 pm, so Sophia & I often need to find something to occupy ourselves (in contrast, Sophia usually takes only one 1- or 2-hour nap per day). Sometimes we read books; sometimes we sing or dance; & sometimes we play hide-and-seek. This particular afternoon, I needed to rake some of the fallen tree foliage & Sophia was happy to help.


Smell the leaves...


Help Mommy with the rake...


Pose for photos...


Check mail...


Drive the car...


All in a day's work!

3 comments:

Taj said...

I love the sweater and hat!

Lena H. said...

A dear friend of my American Mom made those for her, as well as a sweater for Gerritt, even though she has never met us. Now the kids wear them all the time!

Taj said...

they are fantastic - I love Gerritt's too!