Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Gerritt dancing with his 1st girlfriend Ira


The tambourine dance


The yellow tulip dance (the woman with blond hair is Tamara, the Russian daycare's owner)


The mini theater puppet presentation


Handmade presents for Mommy!

This weekend we'll be celebrating a Mother's Day (of course, I fell in love with this holiday once I became a mother). Gerritt has surprised my husband & I with a nice concert at his Russian daycare. The celebration started with singing & the couple's dancing (Gerritt was one of the 3 girl/boy couples selected especially for this occasion); progressed to circle dance with tambourins (later yellow tulips); then mini theater puppet presentation, & concluded with all of the children handing their moms their handmade presents. It was a sunny warm day, & we've concluded the evening with sharing apple cake & juice outside. My hubby & I have enjoyed the concert very much & felt so proud of Gerritt (he's come a long way from his Christmas party). Instead of running around without a purpose, he was engaged, paid attention & remembered some of the words to his song & most of the steps involved in the dancing. Gerritt didn't even attempt to sit on my lap, but knew he had an assigned job to do. He was just adorable (he gave it all he had), & I felt so privileged to be his Mommy! My husband & I were exchanging smiles all evening. I still have Gerritt's photo hanging on the wall in the kitchen from when he was just 5-6-weeks-old, & it is amazing to me how he developed from a tiny helpless peanut into a real boy. Being a mother is truly the most rewarding job on earth!

2 comments:

Taj said...

Love reading the updates. You're great at telling the story and the emotion. The kids are very lucky to have you as their Mom! Happy happy family and looks like their becoming smart book lovers as well.

Lenaa said...

Thanks, Taj! I am so fortunate to have Sophia & Gerritt as my kids, too. Most of the time parenting doesn't feel like a job.