Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Why blog?


Sophia posing for Mommy under the Christmas tree


Gerritt hanging the latest art project from his daycare


Gerritt, do "happy"!


Goofy baby!


On that day Gerritt insisted on going to his toddler class with his toothbrush

I have been blogging for over 2 years now & look forward to it every single time. This blog is my on-line journal that I hope to reread years later when those little details start to fade. Also, I want to leave a written account of our day-to-day living to my children. I write to inspire, to make them laugh, to show them how much they are loved, to teach certain lessons & to help them understand & remember their parents better. Compared to a paper diary, an on-line journal will never get lost or damaged. This is one of my gifts to them.
I've recently ran across an article appropriately titled The Power of Journaling. So why do people journal? Well, journaling is therapeutic. It can be a rewarding way of gaining clarity as well as charting your progress as a woman, wife & mother. Also, reading what you've previously written allows you to identify what needs to be changed. There will come a point where your journal becomes your legacy. Someone generations later could become interested in your words, thoughts & emotions. Your journal is who you are in print, so it's important to speak from your heart & soul.

No comments: