Friday, October 16, 2009

Beautiful Artwork & Father's Role in Breastfeeding

Sophia did something new today. She has been trying to turn from laying on her side onto her tummy during the past week & today she finally succeeded! I was so proud of her, I was clapping & yelling, "Yeah!" & made her do it a few more times just to make sure it wasn't a one-time occurrence. When my husband got home from work, I showed him what Sophia could do. She is also sitting much better. I am still supporting her with pillows on both sides, however, she is able to lean forward, grab a toy & sit back without any difficulty. Sophia's legs are stronger as well. She loves to be held in a standing position & going up & down. This is so exciting!

I have found a set of breathtaking artful images while browsing the Internet today. I often read blogs & other publications related to pregnancy, natural birth, & breastfeeding, so it wasn't surprising I ran across these thought provoking pictures. I just had to post them in my blog for everyone to admire!

Baby Earth

Papaya: Can you believe where this all began? 1 life. Unlimited possibilities. Remember.

Mother Earth

Milky Way


While looking around I was also able to find two informative articles about the role of a father in the breastfeeding relationship. I have underestimated the role of my husband & underutilized his support after Sophia's birth as I described a few months ago in Postpartum Recovery. The 1st article titled Experiences of a Breastfeeding Father comes from the Chronicles of a Nursing Mom & the 2nd article titled A Father's Role in the Breastfeeding Relationship is from the Arubian Breastfeeding Mamas. If your partner feels shut out & useless because of your exclusive nursing relationship with your child, reading these articles is a must!

No comments: