Sunday, December 2, 2007

Gerritt is 2 months old!






Gerritt turned 2 months old yesterday. He is growing up fast! It seems we brought him home from the hospital just yesterday. I am so pleased he is healthy & happy. I am also grateful the 1st few weeks home are behind us. That was one of the hardest things I've gone through & I would not want to repeat the experience. It started to snow in the early afternoon yesterday. I have not seen snowflakes so large in quite some time. Snow falling down slowly was such a beatiful site I took out my video camera. I really love when it snows! It reminds me of the long snowy winters in Siberia while growing up.
We had an early Christmas Cheer celebration at our church yesterday. The celebration included a talent show. Gerritt was awake the whole time, cooing and laughing. He really enjoyed the singing and the music! He was having such a good time, he started crying when we put him back in his car seat to go home.
Gerritt's Korean grandma spent a couple of days with us this week. Poor thing! She was really tired after watching him for 2 nights. She loves Gerritt so much, she insists on having him sleep in her bedroom when she visits. However, she doesn't sleep much & spends most of the night watching Gerritt's every move & counting his every breath. I wish I had such dedication! The reality is we are just plain too tired to do the same. :-) We are so fortunate to have someone who loves our baby as much as we do!

No comments: