Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween

Today I had a follow-up appointment with my midwife. This was the first time I've seen her since the delivery. Being in her office brought back my memories of being pregnant & my dreams for perfect birth. I promised myself not to get emotional, but when Sally asked me how I was doing after everything that was done to me, I couldn't hold back tears. I still felt sad & disappointed by not being able to deliver Gerritt vaginally. I had hoped for a natural, unmedicated birth & ended up experiencing almost every medical intervention out there (except forceps & vacuum extraction since baby was too high up in the pelvis for those to be useful, thank goodness!). The good news is that Sally thought I was a good candidate for trying a VBAC (vaginal birth after Cesarean) with my next baby. Sally could be my midwife again; only I would deliver at Groop Health instead of Swedish Ballard. I will definitely try VBAC. The next baby may be smaller & positioned differently. Who knows?

No comments: