Thursday, March 29, 2012

Jacob Is 4 Months Old!


Jacob turned 4 months old today! One of the major changes that took place recently was transferring him from the bassinet to the crib for sleeping (sorry, Sophia!). The organic crib mattress I bought when Sophia was born turned out to be a good investment after all. We just moved the crib from my husband's bedroom into my Mom's bedroom since she is Jacob's main caregiver at night.
Since Jacob started sleeping in the crib, it was time to get out the kids' zoo crib mobile. It became one of Jacob's favorite forms of entertainment for a while. He not only "talks" to the moving animals, but even tries to reach them, often getting quite frustrated when not being able to touch the soft toys.





Although my Mom thought it was a bit early, I've tried sitting Jacob in the high chair as well as putting him in the jumperoo. My Mom was pleasantly surprised to discover that he loved both! Jacob also loves to jump up & down while being held by one of us.
Jacob has been using the FizziBunz cloth diapers since 2 months of age. It's such a relief not having to put chemicals next to his skin. I've scheduled his first well-baby check-up for June with a naturopath who is alternative vaccination schedule "friendly." Although we are having a pertussis outbreak in our community & Jacob hasn't been vaccinated, I have much confidence in him being protected since he is almost exclusively "breastfed," all of us had the pertussis vaccine & he is not in daycare.

Jacob & babushka Nina

At Chinese restaurant for dim sum

At Starbucks

As Jacob got better at being around unfamiliar places & people, my Mom & I started to take him out & about more often. My husband takes Gerritt & Sophia to his Mom's house with an overnight trip almost every weekend, allowing my Mom & I plenty of opportunities to rest, go to restaurants, shop & attend various social events (more for her sake than mine since I am a homebody).


Jacob & Mommy


Tummy time!


Big brother Gerritt at our friend's birthday party

I couldn't be happier about Jacob being intact & feel so thankful for finding the right information at the right time. He is happy, healthy & whole. Unlike Gerritt, he didn't have to pay the price for our ignorance & avoided the unnecessary & painful circumcision procedure. He's been happily wearing two intactivism onesies I bought for him ("Intact. Thanks, Mom & Dad!" & "Intact, don't retract. Only clean what is seen"). If I can make other people think about circumcision or at least ask a few questions, it will be worth it.

Additional Resources:

The Case Against Tummy Time by Irene Gutteridge

No comments: