Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Trip


I snapped these photos of Gerritt & Sophia the other evening. I should have guessed the naughty kids were up to something since, instead of following me all over the house (especially Gerritt), they became unusually quiet in their play room. After a while, with giggles & laughter, they ran out of the room yelling, "Surprise!" I took one look at them & couldn't help but smile. They were wearing their hats, mittens & even blankets. When I asked them what they were doing, they responded, "We are going on a trip!!!" Sophia even found a stick somewhere (?). I decided not to waste a learning opportunity & had a nice discussion with both "travelers" about different continents & countries using our kid-friendly World Map on the wall. And, of course, I had to document the evidence for the blog!