Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Pumpkin Patch

Today I worked my last nursing shift at the hospital. I had a difficult patient assignment, but luckily my coworkers felt sorry for me & helped out quite a bit. Everyone kept complimenting me on how great I looked being just 3 weeks away from my due date. My last day at the clinic is November 17th (just 5 days away from my due date). Maybe I've overcommitted myself? Oh, well, baby may always decide to come early.


This week I've attended a continuing education conference for nurse practitioners in downtown Seattle. It was so much fun to run into my former classmates, preceptors & instructors. Two long days of sitting & note taking ensured that I would not have to take any continuing education courses (which are required to maintain my nurse practitioner license) for a while!
By the time Saturday came, all I wanted to do was to stay at home & rest. But then the projected rainy day didn't happen. Instead, Saturday turned out to be sunny & warm. It was a shame to waste such a gorgeous day, so we packed the kids & headed to the Pumpkin Patch at the Dr. Maze's Farm.


I am 36 weeks 5 days pregnant

We last visited this farm when Sophia was just 5 months old, & it was fun to take her back there all grown up. I waddled my way through the farm & even enjoyed gorgeous fall colors & my kids' contageous excitement of running outdoors.


Gerritt & I have really enjoyed the following books for the past few weeks (any book by Mo Willems turned out to be a big hit!):

Bulldog's Big Day by Kate McMullan
Oscar and the Very Hungry Dragon by Ute Krause
I Will Surprise My Friend by Mo Willems
I Am Going! by Mo Willems
My Friend Is Sad by Mo Willems
Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late! by Mo Willems
Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! by Mo Willems
The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog! by Mo Willems
Time To Say "Please"! by Mo Willems
Leonardo the Terrible Monster by Mo Willems




Next October we will have another pumpkin patch outing, only with 3 kids!

No comments: