Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!


It's amazing what you can do with old gift bags (Gerritt & I cut out multiple pink hearts to make our home more festive)


Gerritt took this photo of us - not bad for a 3-year-old boy!


Gerritt caught red handed


Gerritt having fun with Valentine's Day stickers from grandma Chris

This Valentine's Day we didn't go out for a romantic date at a fancy restaurant. It happened to be Monday - my husband's work day & my day off. We wanted to be together as a family instead. So we had a fun evening of house decorating & cooking one of our favorite meals - angel hair pasta with seafood & pesto sauce. My husband bought a beautiful bouquet of pink tulips for me the night before Valentine's & I did most of the preparation for the evening during the day. Gerritt helped me to blow up pink & white balloons left over from Sophia's 1st birthday. Then we used saved pink gift paper bags to create a pretty display of Valentines above our kitchen table. Gerritt got a hold of our old camera & was more than happy to run around & take pictures of everything in the house including us. Sophia gave us a gift of her own by going to bed at 6:30 pm, so my hubby, Gerritt & I enjoyed our meal in peace. Love is in the air! Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: