Friday, June 4, 2010

Sophia's Newly Mastered Skills


Sophia & Irina at the Bellevue Square


No more bottle-holding for Daddy!



Sophia is growing up! This week she has mastered 4 new skills. She can now drink from a bottle all by herself (while holding it at a right angle with both hands). She just started drinking diluted apple juice one day, & I was so shocked I immediately took the photo above. Sophia can also wave bye-bye, & it is so adorable to see her chubby hands waving in the air when I leave for work in the mornings. She has been waving bye-bye for a couple of months, but it's consistent now (that's why I consider this skill mastered). She also takes a great delight in feeding me things. The blueberries happen to be her favorite snack, so we had this feeding session when one blueberry went into her mouth & the next one into my mouth & so on. Then she began feeding me everything on the plate laughing happily every time I opened my mouth & ate a blueberry. It appears Sophia enjoys her newly found mothering trait. :-) She can also get on & off the mattress safely. She used to fall off the mattress all the time. Now she turns herself in proper position (feet facing the mattress's edge) & then gets off the mattress slowly. No more accidents for Sophia! I feel compelled to write everything down (I wish my parents did). These first few childraring years are hard work, but they go by so fast. Before we know it, we'll be looking back at our kids' first baby steps with nostalgia (I know I will). :-)

No comments: