Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Six months old today!!!






Gerritt is 6 months old today! Just as we started to breathe a sign of relief that he was sleeping better, he's keeping us up at night again. He is definitely teething. He has a tooth coming out in the middle lower jaw, he drools a lot, is fussier than usual (he now likes to be carried around most of the day) & wakes up at night more frequently. For example last night he fell asleep at 10 pm, however, woke up 3 times between 10 pm & 1:30 am. Then he woke up at 4:30 am & stayed up fussing & talking to himself for 2 hours! When I touched his head, it felt hot. Poor thing probably had a fever as well. Needless to say, I am tired today.
I've been using Hyland's homeopathic Teething Tablets with good success during the day. However, it is a different story in the evening. It now takes about 45 min to 1 hour for Gerritt to fall asleep in his crib. During this time my husband or I take turns going into his room to console him multiple times when his fussing starts to sound like crying or if it is getting louder rather than quieter. I am going to try liquid Tylenol or Ibuprofen (depending on how much pain Gerritt is in) before bedtime today. I really need my sleep!
Gerritt probably weighs over 20 pounds now. He doesn't fit into his plastic bathtub when laying down, so he gets to be bathed sitting up. Also his infant car seat is getting pretty small. We have the car seat of next size, however, need help installing it correctly. I've called several places today trying to schedule an appointment for the car seat safety inspection.

No comments: